Great news for those who want to explore Itoshima by bicycle. Ten new bikes have been added to the City’s rental fleet (now 26 in total: 7 cross-bikes, 12 power-assisted bicycles, 7 regular bicycles.) These bikes can be rented at two new locations along Itoshima’s Sunset Road: Thalia Coffee Roasters in Nogita and at Oto Chaya Irori (inside Itoshima Picnic Village, near Keya no Oto).
Rental Rates for both cross-bikes and power-assisted bicycles:
2 hours ¥600, 4 hours ¥800, 8 hours ¥1,500 (additional ¥300/hr charged for extra hours)
Rental Bicycle Locations
Itoshima Tourist Center (JR Chikuzen-Maebaru Station, North Exit)
• Open: 9:00~15:00 (last return 17:00)
• Reservations accepted on weekdays only, otherwise, it’s first-come-first-served.
• Access: Located in front of JR Chikuzen-maebaru Station. From Tenjin or Hakata (Fukuoka) take the City Subway/JR Kyushu train westward. Takes about 37 minutes and the fare is ¥580 one way.
• Stock: 5 Cross-bikes and 10 Power-assisted bicycles.
Thalia Coffee Roasters (at the Nogita intersection)
• 2186-1 Shima-nogita, Itoshima City, Fukuoka
• Open: 10:00~18:00, Sat. & Sun: 9:00~17:00 (must return by 17:30)
• Closed: open every day
• Nearest Bus Stop: Nogita Bus Stop (Showa Bus). Takes about 20 minutes to JR Chikuzen-Maebaru Station.
• Stock: 7 regular bicycles
Oto Chaya Irori (inside Itoshima Picnic, near Keya no Oto)
• 741-1 Shima-keya, Itoshima CIty, Fukuoka
• Open: 11:00 ~ 17:00. Must return by 17:00.
• Closed: Wed.
• Nearest Bus Stop: Keya Bus Stop (Showa Bus). Takes about 30 minutes to JR Chikuzen-Maebaru Station.
• Stock: 2 cross-bikes and 2 power-assisted bicycles