Local News

Thai Air VP Praises Kyushu, Announces Charter Flight to Kumamoto

During a visit to Kyushu, Thai Airways Vice President Petchpring Sarasin announced plans to begin charter service between Bangkok and Kumamoto next May. The company is proactively working to attract individual tourists in light of the Japanese government’s new visa waiver program for short-term Thai tourists. When asked about her impressions of Kyushu, Ms. Sarasin said, “This is my first visit to Kyushu, but it is full of unique attractions like Beppu’s hot springs and Kumamoto Castle. I hope efforts are made to make more English signs as well as maps and posters that are easy for foreigners to understand because this is essential for attracting independent travelers.” According to Vice President Sarasin Thai Airways currently operates one daily round-trip flight to Fukuoka with ridership capacity of around 70%, so the company is looking for ways to fill the remaining 30%. With the new visa waiver program, she believes tourists who have already been to Tokyo and Osaka will visit Kyushu next. “There is an increasing number of tours to Fukuoka, and Kyushu’s name recognition is improving [among Thais],” she added. Source: Nishinippon Shimbun 9/25


Travel & Tourism
Published: Sep 27, 2013 / Last Updated: Apr 1, 2016

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.