A photo exhibition to introduce traditional wooden machiya townhouses of Japan started at a Registered Tangible Cultural Properties in Higashi Ward, Hakoshima Residence. To the present time, the area has many machiya houses that had been built from Edo to Showa period. The photos on display show interiors of those houses that cannot be usually seen by non-residents. There also is a movie screening that uses AI technology to color up old black-and-white photos from the pre-WWII times.
• 1/19 (Sat.) ~ 1/29 (Tue.), 1/31 (Thu.) ~ 2/11 (Mon., hol.)
• 10:00~18:00, free lecture on machiya townhouses, cultural properties and more: 14:00 every Sat. & Sun. (limit 30 persons, reservation required)
• Gen.: ¥200, HS and under: Free
• Hakoshima Residence
• 2-21-27 Maidashi, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka
• 090-5043-2107 (for lecture reservation)