Fukuoka Fireworks Guide 2018
Summer in Japan isn’t complete without experiencing at least one hanabi taikai (fireworks festival)!
Jul 14, 2017
Fukuoka Beach Guide 2018
It’s summertime, and the livin’ is easy in Fukuoka! Clear your schedule and hit the beach for some sun, sand and waves.
May 25, 2018
This April, Yame Miryokuen, a cooperative of five green tea farmers, opened its own cafe in Otemon.
Jun 27, 2018
Murata Akasaka Keyaki-dori
Murata, one of the city’s better known purveyors of soba, opened up its second shop on the chic Keyaki-dori Ave. in Akasaka this April.
Jun 27, 2018
- Tairagi Shells Dissipated from Isahaya Bay Nearly all 2,000 tairagi (pen shells) in Isahaya Bay, Nagasaki Prefecture have been dissipated. The Nagasaki Prefectural Institute of Fisheries confirmed that fresh water ran into the bay following the heavy rainfall across western Japan. This created... More
- Cormorant Fishing in Asakura to Resume on Jul. 21 The Harazuru Onsen Ryokan Cooperative announced that ukai (cormorant fishing), will resume from Jul. 21 after suspension following the heavy rains in western Japan. For now, it will be held only upstream of Chikugo River. Cormorant fishing is a traditional way of... More
- Number of Foreign Tourist Lodgers in Kyushu up Significantly According to the Accommodation Statistics Survey recently released by the Japan Tourism Agency, the number of foreign tourist lodgers has increased significantly throughout Kyushu. In terms of year-on-year rates of increase, four prefectures in Kyushu ranked in the top... More
- Kyuden to Deliver Agricultural Produce Kyushu Electric Power Co., (Kyuden) is trialing a service that delivers fresh vegetables and agricultural produce. The company is looking to diversify as competition in the electrical power market intensify following the government's decision to... More
- Special Kumamoto and Oita Michelin Guide A special Kumamoto and Oita-themed Michelin Guide went on sale nationwide on July 13. An event to commemorate the release was held at a branch of Kinokuniya in Oita City. This is the second time that Michelin have put together a publication focusing on the Kyushu region, following... More
Termination of Employment Contracts for Assistant Language Teachers or “Guest Teachers” in Fukuoka
Jul 6, 2018 Now Reports