Coffee County Fukuoka
Takaaki Mori opened Coffee County in Kurume in 2013 after spending time in Central America with coffee growers, and he returns once a year to...
Jul 14, 2017
Fukuoka Beach Guide 2017
It’s summertime, and the livin’ is easy in Fukuoka! It’s also the perfect time to clear your schedule and hit the beach...
Jul 14, 2017
Fukuoka Sunflower Guide
Sunflowers bloom beautifully in Japan for approximately two weeks. The sunflower heads grow heavier as time passes, making the flowers droop, so timing is important – but fear not...
Jul 21, 2017
July 2017 Fukuoka Now
The rainy season is on but spirits will be high in the city once the Hakata Gion Yamakasa festival kick off on July 1st.
Jun 27, 2017
- Two Tokyo-based IT Companies to Open Offices on Remote Island in Oita Two Tokyo-based IT companies are set to open offices on the island of Himeshima, Oita Prefecture. System developers BrainNet (Chiyoda, Tokyo) and app developers Ruby (Chuo, Tokyo) responded to... More
- Creation of Special Zones in Kyushu Could Allow Students to Work up to 36 Hours a Week Kyushu’s seven prefectures have examined a proposal, along with Okinawa and Yamaguchi, to develop National Strategic Special Zones that would relax work restrictions for international students and increase the... More
- Family Subway Ticket Available for ¥1,000 A one-day family train ticket that can be used on all Fukuoka City subway lines is available for just ¥1,000. The offer is aimed at families with... More
- Oshima Exchange Center Opens as Okinoshima Area Celebrates Inclusion on the UNESCO World Heritage List Celebrations were held on July 15 to mark the Sacred Island of Okinoshima and Associated Sites in the Munakata Region's first weekend on the UNESCO... More
- All Night Movies at T-Joy Hakata In what is becoming an annual event, T-Joy Hakata will screen movies right through to morning this summer! The cinema will be open all night from... More